Thursday, January 15, 2009

Balihai Clove Cigarettes

Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness "Conclusions -

Well, to end at last Ultima I, here are a few conclusions about the game itself.

Unlike the first game Richard Garriott, Ultima I was conceived from the outset as a commercial game. Perhaps most remarkable about the technological section of the game was the system of tiles he used, which has been constantly used in later games. The Apple II version is remarkable for including support for two floppy drives instead of one. This avoids changing the floppy disk to play (at that time the hard drives were not common and was played from floppy).

Unlike Akalabeth , I've played countless times, this version of Ultima I was a new experience for me. I played in their day to the PC version has many differences.

I decided to play the original version of Apple II for the simple reason that the dungeons in this game were more dangerous than in later versions. For some reason that escapes me, the traps were removed a character falling to a lower level, thus making the ropes and nails useless in versions based on the remake.

There are many differences. For example, fighting overseas in the remake are 1 to 1 and a style more like Ultima II , while the original version struggles against groups fighting a kind of shift where the use of a weapon long distance from a close range weapon at certain times is really important.

The game itself is much more difficult in its original version in the version remake (suffice it to say to prove this, that same day I get my fight against Mondain pass me both PC version as the version of FM-towns to compare end).

Even so, I missed certain aspects of the remake, especially the variety of cities.

During the game, my character remained a Guerrero as in my last game for Akalabeth . In Akalabeth Guerrero use a really complicated things, while I Last complicates not so exaggerated. You still have access to magic, if somewhat limited. The two spells most important of the game (do you level up and down) were within reach of Guerrero , so my game has not been affected in the slightest by this. Still, I have to say that I Last 've always played as a Thief , which made the game was extremely easy and you could steal in the first castle the best team and only had to worry about raising points of life as before.

This was my first game at Last I Apple II, and has also been my first game to Last I in a relaxed and unhurried, and frankly I loved the experience. The only part I liked is that both peoples are random dungeons and repetitive, which fortunately did not happen in my next game, Ultima II.

Here you are comparing my original character PC Ultima I and my current character in the version of Apple II (keep in mind that the PC version of the maximum points of life and experience is 9999):

Original Item Actual Item
Name: David Name: David
Sex: Male Sex: Male
Race: Human Race: Human
Profession: Thief Profession: Warrior
Level: 10 Level: 12
points: 9010 points: 15009
Strength: 49 Strength: 54
Agility: 42 Agility: 58
Resistance: 36 Resistance: 63
Charisma: 23 Charisma: 42
Wisdom: 23 Wisdom: 57
Intelligence: 14 Intelligence: 20
Food: 2743 Food: 790
Experience: 9999 Experience: 71051
Gold: 0 Gold: 4878


For mere hobby of mine to complete things, I leave here the images of the manual had not yet:
Also I leave here, the images of the intro to Ultima I in the version of FM - towns:

Unfortunately my Japanese level is rather low, and I can not translate what putting. If someone can translate it would be appreciated.


and finally finish with this Last I playing it after nearly 4 months (normally used to finish in 2 hours.) My next adventure will be Last II: Revenge of the Enchantress .

0 comments:

Post a Comment